So many lives are enriched by organisations like ours that provide invaluable services to our communities which, without the work of dedicated volunteers, simply would not be able to function.
In addition to fulfilling the desire to make a difference to our Hindu community, volunteering offers us an opportunity to see the world through new eyes and to better understand it. When we experience different cultures and alternate ways of living, we not only develop an appreciation and compassion for others, but learn to better understand ourselves, and ultimately grow in that understanding.
Perhaps we realise how lucky we are, and we want to give back. Maybe we are searching for another life purpose in this self-centred ‘me, me, me’ society. Or it may simply be that we feel it is our duty as human beings to better the lives of those less fortunate. There are as many reasons as to why people volunteer as there are volunteers themselves.
According to “Student Volunteering England”, 40 per cent of student volunteers are so deeply affected by their volunteering experience that their career path takes a completely new direction.
The beauty of volunteering lies in the fact that when you give, you receive so much more in return. You will:
- have compassion for others
- gain self-confidence and self esteem
- discover your strengths and talents
- develop a sense of independence
- raise your social awareness
- interact with a diverse range of people
- make life-long friends
- create challenging and fulfilling experiences that will turn into long-lasting memories.
Volunteering also enhances your working life. You will:
- learn social and technical skills that are transferable to any business environment
- develop interpersonal, team-building and problem-solving skills
- gain hands-on work experience
By volunteering, you will change the lives of others by giving them the hope to realise their dreams. In doing so, you will inspire others to give of themselves. After such an experience, you will undoubtedly glow, and those around you will bask in your light.Get Involved! Whatever your reasons for giving some of your time to Shri Vallabh Nidhi UK, we would love to hear from you and hope that you find a role that interests you for our current opportunities which are:
- General Help in the Mandir
- Directing people on days of various events
- Kitchen and cleaning staff
- Computer skills
- Administration skills
Remember that these pages are updated on a regular basis, so keep checking the site for a role that interests you!
Register as volunteer